The heavy plates and vessels plant (HPVP) of BHEL in Vizag has finally got something to cheer and celebrate about. The HPVP plant in Vizag which has been reeling under losses for nearly two decades seems to be finally out of the woods.
As per the unit’s GM Mr Rakesh Kumar Chokhani the HPVP unit in Vizag has been reinvigorated with fresh orders worth Rs 300 crores.
‘I wish to congratulate each and every member of HPVP family. Friends it is a happy moment for the unit that after more than 22 years this unit has a firm order book of more than Rs. 300 crores orders. It really deserves an acknowledgement of a clapping and it is the reason for our celebration at HPVP’ said the GM addressing the employees on the occasion of the 72nd republic day.
“It is a happy moment for the unit that after more than 22 years this unit has a firm order book of more than Rs. 300 crores orders.”
Mr. AK Chokhani
This is of significant importance as in the last financial year the plant achieved a turnover of Rs 148 Crores while in the current year their target has been brought down to Rs 108 crores out of which the plant has already achieved Rs. 62 cr at the end of Dec’20 with Rs 46 crs to be delivered in the last quarter.
As per the GM the plant needs to do a minimum turnover of Rs. 275 cr to avoid losses therefore the admiration on achieving an order book of Rs 300 crore.
‘We are sure to witness a turnaround in the year 2021-22. Each one of us has to play their role with dedication with full faith in the strength of team work’ said Mr Chokhani.
“Order for compact heat exchangers for 83 Tejas aircrafts is also expected”
Some of the new orders include the following:
- HPVP recently booked substantial orders for column & vessels for various refinery projects Viz. 25 Nos of Vessels from L&T for HPCL- Vizag RUF Package,1 No of column for GAIL-Pata, 2 Nos of columns for ABRPL-Guwahati. HPVP has bagged Fractionator column for HRRL, Barmer PFCC Package, weight of the columns 650MT.
- Prestigious Nuclear Reactor Headers order for NPCIL
- Prestigious order for NALCO Damanjodi BTG Package, in which HPVP is supplying 1×300 TPH Boiler. This is the first coal fired boiler .This is a unique project with state of the art emission control equipment (SCR-DeNOx & FGD-SOx control) being supplied for the first time for sub critical boiler.
- BHEL HPVP has bagged prestigious order for IOCL Panipat Hot Oil Heater with Technology support from M/s. FIS, USA.
- BHEL HPVP has received order from M/s. Beerengas through Contract Manufacturing agreement for 2 Nos of Cryogenic Tanks
“HPVP re-certified for AS 9100 for quality management system for aerospace”
Talking on future orders he informed that as of now they have participated in tenders and Enquiries of more than Rs 1100 Crores. ‘With our current success rate, I am confident that by June’ 21 we will have another order book of more than Rs. 400 Crs for year 22-23 also’ said the GM.
A big order for compact heat exchangers for 83 Tejas aircrafts is also expected in the next two months from HAL.
However, he cautioned employees stating that winning orders is only the start and that to execute these orders on time and with quality he needs the support of every member of HPVP family.